Friday 1 August 2014

Bedroom Makeover - Pt 1 - Bedside Table Styling and DIY

Recently I embarked on a makeover of my bedroom. I am super happy with the results and since been wondering "why hadn't I done this earlier?"
 
Answer:
- I had been worried about cost
- I thought it would be too hard to do on my own
- I thought it would take forever and didn't want to live around a half finished room.
 
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I should have known better.
 
The full room reveal will come soon, but lets break it down a bit first.
 
 
Step 1: So over Red! Time to soften the room up a bit. Simply replacing the candle in the birdcage and bringing in a family photo with softer tones made a big difference. So cheap. So easy.  

DIY: The lamp - The base and shade were actually from the Target mix and match series and I embellished the shade by hot glue gunning on the crystal drop bead fringe (found at all good craft stores). Such a cheap and easy way to add a bit of glamour.



Step 2: Contain clutter. Grouping similar items together on a tray or dish creates a sense of purpose.
 
Step 3: Bring in nature - adding flowers or an indoor plants to a room is a must. I myself am only recently converted. I either thought I'd probably kill real plants, real flowers were costly to keep buying or fake flowers look really fake. I now have a mix if low maintenance indoor plant and carefully selected fake flowers.  

DIY: Here I have actually taken an Ikea Vinager Bamboo Dish and painted it pink to tie together with the pink candle on the other side table. (Coincidently the dish originally came in red - I can't escape it!!).




No comments:

Post a Comment